Friday, December 12, 2014

Settling in and Dr. Bessette

Woof-Woof Everyone!

Its May 28, 2014 and I have been with my human for 11 days and I have been trying to settle in! I am not used to having the whole house to myself with lots of toys to play and chew on. I get to sleep wherever I want during the day because my human is always home with me. At night time, when my human leaves to go to work, I am in the kitchen with blue and white paper that I am supposed to do my business on. I try my best, but I'm a baby and sometimes I don't make to the paper in time. My human told me that I was a replacement for another special canine that went to the Rainbow bridge earlier this year on Mother's day.

The first thing my human did when we got to her house was to take me to Dr. Bessette at Southeast Animal Hospital. He is the animal doctor and he touched me all over and looked in my eyes, and then he made me stand on a scale to see how heavy I was. I weighed in at 22.5 pounds. I thought he was pretty nice until he poked me with a sharp thing and I yelped. He gave me a treat afterwards so I guess he was sorry for poking me.  My human asked the animal doctor about my scratched eye and it happens to be a "cat-a-rat" that is common in my type of breed but it doesn't block my sight. It just looks like a funny white mark in my eye.

My human also let me play with another a little kid.  She was little and crawled on all fours like me. I tried to see if she would play with some of my toys but she wasn't interested and  just wanted to hug me all the time. She was nice but she made me so tired. I am having such a good time with my human. She hugs me a lot and takes me to the dog park. Oh wait, that's another adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment